- Public Works, Planning & Zoning Department
Public Works, Planning & Zoning Department
In order to be assisted more efficiently you may wish to contact our office prior to stopping by to ensure that the employee you will need to meet with will be available.
Many questions may be able to be answered over the phone.
The Department phone number and links to staff e-mails are to the right under "Contact Us".
Planning Commissioners may be contacted through the Public Works, Planning & Zoning Department at the address, phone number, and email address to the right.
- Administer FEMA regulations
- Agricultural protection
- Assign street addresses
- Business license administration
- Code enforcement of zoning, development standards, and business licenses
- GIS coordination
- Implementation of the Master Plan
- Land division
- Land use, zoning regulations, and land development
- Conservation programs to protect agriculture
- Water resources protection
Planning Department Fees (PDF)
Adopted Plans & Studies
- Master Plan - 2020 Churchill County Master Plan, which was adopted by the County Commission on April 21, 2021.
- 2020 Master Plan Appendix E List of Historic Places in Churchill County (PDF)
- 2020 Transportation Plan (13.98 MB) (PDF)
- Bill 2020-A Ordinance Amendment approved, not yet codified (PDF)
- 2019 Water and Wastewater utilities Master Plan (PDF)
- 2015 Churchill County Bicycle Plan (NDOT) (PDF)
- 2010 Community Assessment Final Report (865 KB) (PDF)
- 2005 Churchill County Fallon Area Transportation Study (3.2 MB) (PDF)
- Canal Breech Study (PDF) (3.2 MB)
- Churchill County Water Conservation Plan 2019 (1.2 MB) (PDF)
- Community Source Water Protection Plan (18.3 MB) (PDF)
- EKAY Churchill County Housing Needs Assessment 9/10/21 (PDF)
- EKAY Churchill County Housing Assessment 7/30/19 (PDF)
- EKAY Census Update Letter (PDF)
- Joint Land Use Study (PDF) (18.6 MB) (PDF)
- Multi-Jurisdiction Hazard Mitigation Plan (MJHMP) 1/4/17 (Word)
- Trails Across Churchill County (TRACC) Map (PDF)
- Water Resource Plan Update, Final Report April 2007 (42 MB) (PDF)