Click to Home
Go To Search
Temporary Use Permits

A temporary use permit is for the placement of temporary living quarters for a use listed below.  It is unlawful to reside in a recreational vehicle outside a mobile home park or recreational vehicle park for longer than ninety (90) consecutive days within a three hundred sixty-five (365) day period except as provided below. 

1. Temporary living quarters for farm labor is only permitted in conjunction with a bona fide 
    functioning farming or ranching operation. Evidence of an active farming or ranching operation 
    and demonstration of need will be required.

2. Temporary living quarters for watchman's quarters is only permitted with an active commercial 
    or industrial operation.

3. Temporary living quarters on a lot or parcel which has a residence thereon, and the temporary 
    living quarters is to be used to alleviate hardship, as follows:

    a. A residence for an aged, invalid, or physically or mentally disabled person who requires 

    b. A residence used by an attendant caring for an aged, invalid, or physically or mentally 
        disabled person;

    c. A residence for a person or persons for a purpose that is similar to and not more 
        obnoxious or detrimental to uses listed in this subsection B3. Evidence must be provided 
        that demonstrates need and demonstrates attempts to find an alternative accommodation.

4. On a lot or parcel when parked on the same parcel of land and utilized as a temporary 
    residence during the construction or placement of an on site permanent dwelling. A building 
    permit as required by the county ordinances and state law must be issued prior to issuance 
    of a temporary use permit. The temporary use permit shall terminate upon expiration of the 
    building permit or within thirty (30) days of the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.

5. On a lot or parcel in any land use district when a commercial coach is to be used as a 
    temporary office, in conjunction with the issuance of a building permit for construction of 
    permanent nonresidential facilities or uses. The temporary use permit shall run concurrently 
    with the building permit and upon completion of the construction of the permanent facility the 
    use permit shall terminate.

Proof of said need must be provided within the temporary use permit application.  Temporary use permits are temporary in nature and subject to annual renewal, either administratively or by the Planning Commission.

Title 16.08 is the section of the Churchill County Code regarding land uses and the various land use districts, including temporary use permits.