Click to Home
Go To Search
Zone Changes
Zone Change (amendments to the county's official zoning map) may be initiated by the commission, the board, or an owner of a lot or parcel, by filing with the director a signed and complete application, accompanied by the necessary fee, and application materials including all evidence and facts required under this section.

Before an application for a zoning map amendment or consolidated code amendment may be considered the applicant must meet with planning department staff to discuss the application and procedure prior to completing the application. Once the application is complete (but prior to signing and making copies) the applicant shall meet again with planning department staff to review the application to check for accuracy and detail.

All sections of an application must be complete and accurate or the application may be delayed to allow all the necessary information to be obtained.

If a zoning change is denied by the Board of County Commissioners, an application may not be resubmitted for one (1) year, unless there is a substantial change in circumstances.