Marriage Licenses

Obtaining a Marriage License

A marriage license can be obtained from the Churchill County Clerk/Treasurer’s Office at 155 N Taylor Street, Suite 110, in the County Administration Complex during normal business days, M-F between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm by appointment only. The fee for a marriage license is $100.00 payable by cash, credit or debit (Master Card, Visa, Discover, American Express) cards, money orders, or traveler’s checks only.  

Couples seeking to apply for a marriage license must complete a pre-application though our online services and request an appointment at that time. To select an appointment date and time, you must first click on the calendar image to select a date and then click on the clock image to select a time (must be within 9:00am and 3:00pm).

Click: Pre-Application for Marriage License to apply.

For questions, contact the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office by email  or call 775-423-6028.  

There are no medical exams or blood tests required in order to apply for a marriage license, and there is no waiting period. A marriage license will be given at the time a bride and groom apply for it. The license will be valid for one year from the date it is issued, and it may be used anywhere within the State of Nevada. For more information on marriage certificates, please view information courtesy of the Recorder’s Office.


Minimum Age

Both parties must be at least 18 years old to apply for a marriage license in the State of Nevada


As of October 1, 2019, the State of Nevada no longer authorizes marriages for minors under the age of 18 unless a court order is obtained from a Nevada District Court judge. 

Only under extraordinary circumstances, a district court may authorize the marriage of a minor who is 17 years of age if the court finds, by clear and convincing evidence, after an evidentiary hearing in which both parties to the prospective marriage provide sworn testimony, that: a) both parties to the prospective marriage are residents of the State of Nevada; b) the marriage will serve the best interests of the minor; and c) the minor has the consent of a parent or legal guardian. 

In determining the best interests of the minor, the court will consider, without limitation: a) the difference in age between the parties to the prospective marriage; b) the need for the marriage to occur before the minor reaches 18 years of age; and c) the emotional and intellectual maturity of the minor.

Photo IDs

Both parties must be present to apply for a marriage license and must bring a photo ID showing proof of age.

Previous Marriages

If either party were previously married, they will be required to provide the date, city, and state of the divorce. If either party was divorced within the last 30 days, we request a copy of your divorce decree.


Appointments are available for marriage ceremonies at the Justice of the Peace’s office in Churchill County.  Please call (775) 423-2845.  For information regarding applying to become a marriage officiant, please click here.