COVID-19 (Corona Virus) response
You must have an appointment before you come into the Planning Department.
If you walk in and do not have an appointment you will be asked to leave and to call to make an appointment.
Churchill County is limiting staff availability in all Departments until further notice.
The Planning Department will have one staff member available in the office each day between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Closed during lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.
You must use e-mail or to call the office to discuss your needs and to set up an appointment prior to coming into the office. We are checking e-mails remotely throughout the day and most phone calls are being forwarded to our homes.
Department phone number and links to staff e-mails are to the right under Contact Us
Thank You for your patience during this time of limited staff.
- Administer FEMA regulations
- Agricultural protection
- Assign street addresses
- Business license administration
- Code enforcement of zoning, development standards, and business licenses
- GIS coordination
- Implementation of the Master Plan
- Land division
- Land use, zoning regulations, and land development
- Conservation programs to protect agriculture
- Water resources protection
- We are in the process of updating the 2015 Churchill County Master Plan (6.8 MB) (PDF), which was last adopted by the County Commission on December 16, 2015. A series of public meetings will take place in 2019 and 2020 to gather input on the various chapters of the plan.
- 2010 Community Assessment Final Report (865 KB) (PDF)
- 2020 Transportation Plan (13.98 MB) (PDF)
- 2005 Churchill County Fallon Area Transportation Study (3.2 MB) (PDF)
- Water Resource Plan Update, Final Report April 2007 (42 MB) (PDF)
- Churchill County Water Conservation Plan 2019 (1.2 MB) (PDF)
- Community Source Water Protection Plan (18.3 MB) (PDF)
- Joint Land Use Study (PDF) (18.6 MB) (PDF)
- Trails Across Churchill County (TRACC) Map (PDF)