1. Will the District Attorney's Office represent me if I need an attorney?
    No, the District Attorney only represents Churchill County. It is not a legal aid office and cannot represent private parties.

    Please contact a private attorney to assist in these matters. If you need a private attorney, but cannot afford one, you can call Volunteer Attorneys of Rural Nevada (VARN) at (775) 883-8278 or Lawyer Referral and Information Services at (800) 789-5747.
  2. Can the District Attorney's Office staff answer legal questions?
    No, the District Attorney's Office cannot give legal opinions pursuant to NRS 7.285.
  3. Can the District Attorney provide legal advice to me?
    No, the District Attorney's Office is prevented by law from providing legal advice to individual citizens.
  4. What does the Churchill County District Attorney's Civil Division do?
    The Churchill County District Attorney's Office Civil Division provides legal opinions and representation to the Board of County Commissioners, elected officials, department of Churchill County, and other boards and commissions within Churchill County.